The Combined Credit Unions of Waterford City are offering a special scholarship in which one lucky student will be awarded €1,000 per year of their course!
The aim of the scholarship is to help fund the cost of college for the student and alleviate the financial burden on their family.
Applications are open to first year undergraduate students in the Waterford Institute of Technology School
who have joined one of three credit unions (St. Dominic, Waterford CU or Lisduggan CU) in Waterford city on or before 22nd March 2018. The closing date for receipt of entries is 30th March 2018.
You can download an application form here John Hume Scholarship 2017 2018
To be considered for this scholarship, you must satisfy the following conditions:
1. The applicant or his/her parent/guardian must be a member of one of the credit unions listed above.
2. Applications are open to first year undergraduate students of the Business School, WIT.
School, Waterford Institute of Technology.
3. Selection of the successful candidate will be based on interview and successful completion of Year 1 exams.
4. Applications must be submitted to PO Box 354, An Post, Northern Extension, Industrial Estate, Waterford.
5. The latest date for receipt of entries is 30th March 2018.
6. The value of the scholarship will be €1,000 per year payable over the duration of the degree in two moieties.
7. Scholarship payments will be made on the basis that the successful recipient satisfies all normal course regulations
8. The sponsors decision is final and they reserve the right to amend or substitute this sponsorship.
9. Details of the winner will be publicised and the recipient must make themselves available for promotional purposes.