MABS, the Money Advice and Budgeting Service, was established by the Department of Social, Community and Family Affairs in 1992. MABS provides a free and confidential money management and advice service to everyone. Its main purpose is to assist people in dealing with their existing debt difficulties and to help them manage their finances.
Who can the service help? If you have:
- Lost your job
- Become separated
- A low income
- Suffered a bereavement
…and find it difficult to make ends meet.
What does MABS do?
MABS assists a client in devising a suitable budget plan. It negotiates with creditors and gives advice and support to people with financial difficulties. MABS works in partnership with your local Credit Union.
MABS also provides ongoing support to people who successfully overcome their financial difficulties. Talks can be organized for groups on money management, budgeting skills and other related issues.
What you can expect from MABS?
- A free service
- A professional and efficient service
- To have your confidentiality respected
- To be listened to in a non-judgemental manner
- To act on your behalf and with your consent
- To have your options explained fully so that you can make your own decisions
- To keep you informed of progress
6B Wallace House,
Web Site: www.mabs.ie