Joining is easy, once you are within the common bond, i.e. you are living, working or studying in the area, you can apply for membership.
You can start the process online now just click here.
You can also pop into our Summerhill or Mooncoin branch to join up!
To join you will need three forms of identification, one from each of these three sections.
1. Evidence of Identification (must have date of birth and recent photo)
- Current valid passport
- Current valid driving licence
- Age card issued by An Garda Síochana
- ML10 Form available from Garda Station
2. Evidence of Address (dated within last 3 months)
- Original Recent Utility Bill
- Original Recent Bank/Credit Card Statement
- Government Correspondence
3. Evidence of your PPS number
- Any revenue documentation
A minimum share balance of €10 is required to open an account and to retain membership.
To open a Minor Account(under the age of 16) the following is needed:
- Photographic ID – passport (colour only) or birth cert of child
- Address Verification – a utility bill showing the address of the parent or guardians dated within the
last 3 months
- Proof of PPS number of the child
- Photographic ID is also required for the parent or guardian of the child.
The following accounts may be opened:
- Sole Account:
One person opens an account
- Joint Accounts:
Two people can open an account together and can be joint signatories on the account. Both parties to the account will be insured.
- Club Accounts:
These accounts can be operated by clubs, associations, sporting organisations to lodge funds or apply for loans.
- Group Accounts:
Families, work colleagues, sports and social clubs open accounts such as these to save for specific purposes such as trips away, Christmas etc. These accounts are operated by representatives of the group.
- Minor Accounts:
Minors up to the age of 16 years of age can open a Minor Account.
- New Born Accounts:
St Dominic Credit Union offers you the opportunity to open a New Born account for a child between 0 and 9 months and we will credit the account with €20. Terms and conditions apply.
You must live, work or study in the following areas to qualify for membership:
The western half of Waterford City to the boundary limit of Military Road, Barrack Street, Slivekeale Road, Keanes Road, Cleaboy Road and north to Carrickpherish Roundabout, also incorporating Gradedieu East, Gracedieu, Gracedieu Road, Morgan Street and Summerhill.
The parishes of Ferrybank, Slieverue, Glenmore, Mullinavat, Kilmacow and Mooncoin, excluding that part of the parish of Mooncoin which lies west of a line drawn north by south through Mooncoin Catholic church.