Accounts Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Reports to: CEO/Finance Supervisor
Based at: SDCU Summer Hill and other locations as directed by Senior Management
Scope: The Accounts Assistant is responsible for assisting in the preparation of accurate accounts for the Credit Union and finance department.
Purpose: To support the Finance Supervisor in ensuring that all financial transactions are carried out in a professional and timely manner and that all financial information is accurate and complete.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To take primary responsibility for the reconciliation and documentation of the daily cash lodgments
- To ensure that the daily cash needs of St. Dominic Credit Union are monitored and to liaise with Finance Supervisor to ensure orders are sufficient
- To ensure only fit notes are distributed from the Credit Union at all times.
- To maintain returned cheques, cash orders, unfit notes, coin and business account transactions as required
- To manage the operation of safes and time delays as efficiently as possible as per procedures
- To ensure the daily lodgments are made as required.
ACCOUNTING and EXPENSES
- assist in preparation and monitoring of monthly and annual budgets
- assist in Bank and other Account Reconciliations
- ensure that all supplier information is accurate and up to date
- quality assure invoices for accuracy and compliance with SDCU requirements and resolve any variances
- maintain supporting documentation of the organization’s expenses
- perform monthly close duties, e.g. journal entries, bank reconciliations etc.
- support the consolidation of monthly management accounts
- prepare monthly reports by department on performance v’s budget
- support the preparation of financial information, including on investments, for the Board and committees
- assist with other monthly, annual, and ad-hoc reporting requirements
- liaise with internal/external auditors when required
LEGISLATION, REGULATION, POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- ensure compliance with all regulation, legislation and internal policies and procedures.
- ensure that all regulatory returns are submitted in an accurate and timely manner
- contribute to review and amendment of policies and procedures from time to time
- keep confidential any codes and/or passwords issued in connection with access to I.T. systems
- provide cover for MSO’s from time to time as required
- attend team and organisational meetings regularly and contribute suggestions for innovation and improvement
- actively support colleagues to meet members’ needs
- support the implementation of strategic activities and achievement of strategic goals
- encourage colleagues, volunteers and directors to promote SDCU locally
- Strong IT skills required
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of excel (formulae, pivots, lookups etc)
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong focus and attention to detail
MINIMUM COMPETENCY AND CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- High level of Excel skills
- To attend training programmes and workshops as required by SDCU
- To acquire and maintain Minimum Competency levels in line with the Minimum Competency Requirements Policy
- To undertake such other reasonable and lawful duties as may be directed by the CEO from time to time